Sunday, August 13, 2017

Makes Sense to Him

I feel horrible that I haven't sat at the computer and blogged since last April!  Not that there hasn't been a ton to write about, I just haven't had the inclination to put it to the blog world.  That is about to change.  James starts 8th grade tomorrow (home school style) and I have promised myself that I will sit and write several times a week.  It will be my "homework".  But, to start us off, a little something to whet your appetite for all that is to come.....

James is responsible for several chores around the home.  He does his own laundry, cleans his bathroom counter, empties the dishwasher, and vacuums his room.  All of this with reminders but he does do them.  This morning, I called him to come and empty the dishwasher.  He came quickly, (which is unusual), stood at the kitchen table and asked, "Mom, Dad, when was the last time either of you emptied the dishwasher?" I replied without hesitation, "Yesterday Dad did it." James smiled and simply stated, "That's good enough for me." and off he went to do the dishwasher.  No drama. No "That's not fair's!" No "I always have to do everything's"... He just got to work and did what he was asked to do.  I have to wonder... Who is this child and how long can he stay?

No comments:

Post a Comment