Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Yet Another Contract ... I Guess Whatever Works!!

Okay, for all of you who have been following our lives over the past year, you will know that James has been having difficulty with behavior at home.  Homework and getting to school have topped the list.  Currently my crusade has been to tackle the getting to school issue since we now have a homework behaviorist.  This morning I whipped up this contract for James to hopefully get his butt in gear when it comes to getting in the time for school (fully clothed and fed in the best circumstances!!) James is super motivated by the A-F grading system so I used it as the basis of the contract.


So I asked him this morning how he thought he did yesterday.  He said, "Probably an F!"  I told him that he got a D because we got to school albeit late.  Today he got an A and he was over the moon!  I hope it continues to work because I really need him to do a lot more independently now that I can't climb the stairs to drag him off to school.  We will see how the rest of the week goes.  I think he will be fine because hopefully we broke the cycle today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment