Friday, March 18, 2016

Problem Solved James Style!!!

James has been under the weather for the past few weeks.  Last week he looked soulfully at me and moaned, "I want a one way ticket to Heaven because I can't handle this cold and allergies at the same time."  I talked him down from his desire to leave this world because of a cold with the simple fact that Minecraft doesn't exist in Heaven.  He decided it would be okay to stay here as we gave him more decongestant that may or may not be helping him.
He finally got diagnosed with something that we could fix, an ear infection!  Anyway, James's school allows for independent study as another part of the school is home schooling.  I set him up for independent home study for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.  James got to sleep in and I planned for breaks and getting the work his teachers sent us to do.  The system worked really well.  James got enough sleep and got to work at a pace that worked with his sick body.
One day we were working on history, Ancient Greece.  One of the vocabulary words that stuck in his head was Funerary Vase. This was an urn type vase that the Ancient Greek folks believed would allow the dearly departed inhabitant to enjoy their favorite activity after death.  James looked at me and beamed!! "Mom, I can do Minecraft in Heaven!  It is my favorite thing and the Funerary vase helps people enjoy their favorite things after they die." Okay, got it but little man may be missing an important point, I don't think there is electricity in Heaven for his computer or extra batteries for his tablet.
James is feeling much better and he will be returning to school on Monday for 4 days and then will be on vacation.  He asked for us to take this video last night to prove he is feeling better.... Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment