Friday, February 5, 2016

Promise???

Over the past 8 years or so, James's language has soared!!! He is now holding complex conversations about favorite topics.  He can also have conversations on materials he has learned at school. It is really cool to get to have a conversation with him these days.  Who knew I wanted to talk, well mostly listen, insistently about Minecraft?!?!?!

One of the things he continues to have difficulties with is finishing a sentence with something that makes sense.  Such as, "James, it is raining, you need to get your ________________ (coat, boots, umbrella...)  Anyway, last night, I decided to have some fun.  It was supper time and I had already decided that he could have his beloved orange chicken which is usually reserved for school lunches.  I called him as usual.

James, are you hungry?    


Yes.

If you promise to leave enough orange chicken for lunch tomorrow, you can __________________.  Dead silence nothing from the kid.  So I started naming off some possibilities

1. lick the cat
2. spin in a circle
3. have a bologna sandwich
4. croak like a frog...


I was having way too much fun for him at 6:50 on a Thursday night.  I decided to give him a little more.

If you promise to leave enough orange chicken for lunch tomorrow you can have some ___________________________.  Finally he filled in "orange chicken for supper!"  Pure glee and spinning.


I
 guess he decided on #2 and some orange chicken.  Too bad, I would have loved to see him lick the cat!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment