Tuesday, August 22, 2017

The Outsiders

I have been so excited to finally share one of my favorite books with James.  The Outsiders has been one of my favorite books since I first read it in probably middle school.  James has been enjoying it for probably all the wrong reasons... he LOVES the rumbles.  I love the relationships and how these teens handled adversity.

Today, James read the part of the book where Johnny dies.  I asked James how that made him feel?  "Sad, Mom." I told him his face wasn't showing sad.   I forget that James is so black and white and matter of fact.  Johnny was his favorite character but he couldn't tell why he just knew he liked a lot about him.  Maybe this will be the year that his empathy will transfer from face to face empathy to empathy of characters he loves in books.  He is getting there.  This is my dream for him.... he has different dreams and they are often around some video game.


Image result for the outsiders

No comments:

Post a Comment