Monday, November 12, 2012

Happy Birthday Little Man!! Happy???

So today is Jamesie's 9th birthday and we have been celebrating all weekend!  I had spent last week coming up with great ideas to slow down present opening because in the past it has been a flurry of paper and no one got to see anything.  James adores the show "Minute to Win It" so I planned several games that I knew he would be able to do with a little help.  Enter his sister... Charlotte was excited about these games and was willing to do it all to see James's face light up as he opened his gifts.  So game one was done and James go to pick a gift....
Gift #1: Mario pajama pants just like the Ninjago ones he found a week before and loved to pieces.  The gift was opened and once he discovered what they were, they were whipped across the room with the exclamation, "That is a HORRIBLE gift!! I didn't ask for that!!!" Okay, I give him that clothing isn't the most exciting gift but they are terrifically soft and I knew they would be needed soon!!  (Sure enough, that night he specifically chose those pajama pants to wear because they were so soft!)    And so it went... down the line of unwanted gifts until Charlotte was left playing the games alone and we would call James down to get another unwanted gift that he would throw at us!
One of the happier moments opening his Ninjago
pens.  Until he couldn't open the box by himself,
and he tossed them down from the loft to the first
floor screaming, "Another HORRIBLE gift!"
I guess we should have stuck more closely to his birthday list that he had given us with hugely expensive games and things that won't be out until closer to Christmas.  What he doesn't know is that the more expensive gifts come from grandparents who send me money to appease the little hooligan for another year.
Anyway, today is the actual day of birth celebration and we are going to go and see "Wreck it Ralph".  Hope James sits through the movie!!  Love my Little Man but I am so happy that I have time before the next celebration on 12/22 for the much-wanted Archery Party.  Give me strength!!!! Oh, I forgot, James fired me from his birthday so maybe that will allow me be an outsider and someone else can take the reigns!
 Happy Birthday James!!!! See ya next year when the date will be 11/12/13 Awesome day for a 10th birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment