Monday, January 14, 2013

AH ... WOW... AH!!

I think I can,I think I can, I can think of him as an angel
instead of the little devil he is in the mornings.  
Another really tough morning with James!  They have been coming fast and furious since school started back up!! Anyway, remember the blog from last week?  Well here it is to refresh your memory >>here<<  The little man certainly knows what is allowed and what isn't allowed and he certainly is taking advantage of his great advantage.  Well this morning, James was awake and giggling with his babysitter but then she had to leave and he refused to come downstairs.  I called my husband in tears and emailed James's teacher indicating that James had won for the day.  There was no way I could get upstairs and fight him today!  All of a sudden, James appeared at the top of the stairs.  I told him to come down and get dressed.  He read angry in my voice and retreated to his bedroom saying, "Mom, you are angry at me!" I told him I wasn't angry at him but I was angry at the situation.  Last thing I heard before the door slammed was, "The situation...  I am part of the situation!!" Okay, so everything really is about him.  He came down 5 minutes later, got dressed, ate breakfast and we got to school 20 minutes late.  As he went through the door to head to his class, he turned and said "I love you."  I responded with my "I love you too" and he started to walk. He turned about 5 feet away and waved a tentative wave.  I waved back and told him to go straight to class.  I know he was just checking to see where he stood with me.  I know I really wanted to give him a hug and let him know that everything was completely okay, but the little man really needs to learn that his actions have consequences.  Mom isn't going to stand by and let him rule to roost when he is supposed to be at school.  So much for him to learn and I hope it happens before tomorrow morning because tomorrow we drop Charlotte first and she has been late too often due to his impulsive behavior!!

No comments:

Post a Comment