Sunday, January 27, 2013

Not Really Sure About This One!!!???!!!




James injured his finger last week and has been wearing a band-aid since to keep it clean.  This morning the band-aid fell off again when he washed his hands after using the bathroom.  He told me that he was never going to pee again because when he washes his hands, the band-aid falls off.  I told him that this wasn't very realistic because if he didn't pee then his body would explode (this mama is all about the drama this morning).  Then he said, "Well then, I will just have cry tears."  YIKES this kid is too smart for me sometimes!!  Enjoy this wonderful poem by one of our favorites!!


Band-Aids
by Shel Silverstein
I have a Band-Aid on my finger,
One on my knee, and one on my nose,
One on my heel, and two on my shoulder,
Three on my elbow, and nine on my toes.
Two on my wrist, and one on my ankle,
One on my chin, and one on my thigh,
Four on my belly, and five on my bottom,
One on my forehead, and one on my eye.
One on my neck, and in case I might need em
I have a box of thirty-five more.
But oh! I do think it’s sort of a pity
I don’t have a cut or a sore!
Where the Sidewalk Ends, 1974

No comments:

Post a Comment