Sunday, February 1, 2015

Don't Judge, It is all a Matter of Perception!

I have been away from the blogging world for a long time and am going to try to get back into it slowly at first and then hopefully back into full swing of writing a blog post several times a week.  What has sparked my interest in getting back into it?  The 58 likes I got this week!!  Anyway... as an Autism parent I am often judged by what I do or don't do.  What therapies I have tried or haven't tried.  Did I vaccinate James on schedule or not (yes, I did). Gluten and casein free or no (a BIG NO on this one, James would STARVE!!).  James is just about the pickiest eater I have seen in a long time.  Everything has to be just the right softness, smell the same every time, look the same every time, and it had better not have anything green on it!!  So today I am thinking of the "vegetables" my son will eat.  Here is the grand list:

French Fries
Onion Rings
and the frosting "carrot" off the carrot cake at Hometown Buffet

Sounds limiting I know but it is all a matter of perception!!  At least he is nearing  almost eating a vegetable!  So today as you are putting your child's one food they will eat on the plate again just remember... we have all been walked this path and there is no shame in feeding your kid the food they will eat.  They need something in their bellies to maintain the energy level they all seem to have!  Someday they may surprise us and actually try something new and like it!!