Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Can't Decide ... Maybe Write About Both

I have been on a kind of writing strike partly due to cataract surgery and partly because I have become literary lazy!  Today there are two things that sparked my interest and I decided to write.  It is debatable whether or not it is a good idea because the first one scares me to death and the second one will likely offend some people but thought it may be good to write about.
So first, I received an email form my daughter around 2:20 saying that the school had been evacuated and no one knew why.  I quickly wrote back wondering if I should get her NO they will not be released until 3.    I made my way to get her and found the street blocked off so I called to find out where to get her.  Across the street at the park, so I made my way there.  When I got her I could tell she was rattled.  Apparently there had been a bomb threat and the police were clearing the building.
As of 7:37 PM we received the all clear from the police department and school district, so classes will resume in the morning.  I am not sure how she feels going back into the school that she has always felt comfortable in now that it has been "tainted".  I guess we will see what the morning brings.
Affection piggy wants LOVE!!
An now on a lighter, yet maybe more controversial note.  Our female cat, Astra, is an affection hog!  She moves in on anyone and demands love!  James noticed this today and stated that she was different from human girls because she loves boys, girls, really anyone.  She hops from one victim, I mean willing participant, to another draining the love out of their bodies until she gets pushed off.
Anyway, back to the topic at hand ~ sexual preference.  James is too young to understand about complexities of intimate human relationships and I am not ready to introduce him to it yet but there are a lot of possibilities.  Heterosexual (male loves female or female loves male) Gay (male loves male) Lesbian (female loves female) Bisexual (can love either gender) Those are the big four but there is also Pan sexual, Asexual and Demisexual,  James has a lot to learn about the world but there is time.  For now, he needs to know that we love and respect people as people and don't make judgements on their life choices.  I think it is time for him to start painting with colors other than black and white!!