Friday, March 1, 2013

It is Just Nice to be Nominated!

                                                        
Allergies have really hit my family hard this year!! James has been affected the most and for the longest time.  He HATES the taste of the allergy medication so he refuses to take it.  He has been complaining of headaches and stuffy noses for a while but he has been sleeping well and moving like crazy during the day.  I know he doesn't feel well.  I know that he doesn't want to go to school. I know that I am likely the front runner for the Worst Mother of the Year award! So I am sorry, lovely secretary at James's school. I am sorry that you need to look into the eyes of my beautiful son and tell him that Mom wants him to stay at school.  I am sorry that his classroom teacher will have to deal with upset James because his mom is so mean that she wants him to stay in school when he wants to go home.  I am sorry that I have to think of how James will use the experience to his benefit, if I allow him to come home because he has a snuffly nose.   I am sorry that James will likely hate me tonight because I didn't come to his rescue when he wanted to leave school.  I am sorry... but I am being the best mom I can possibly be!

Addendum:  My loving husband told me that I should include the trouble I had with James this morning during drop off.  James was playing on his 3DS and trying to find some very hard to find Pokemon.  I told him when I pulled into the school driveway, he would need to get out of the car.  "YUP mom!" So I pulled in, put the car in park and rolled down the window like I always do.  James refused to get out of the car.  The drivers behind me started to get upset so I moved up a little so they could get around me.  James still refused to get out.  It was getting closer to the time that the school gates would be locked and so I drove to the front of the building while I called the office to get someone outside because I needed help getting James out of the car.  As I got closer, James decided that he was finally going to get out independently.  His 3DS is now mine for the weekend and will not be allowed in the car next week.  My guess is he wants to come home under the sympathy umbrella for not feeling well and I will give in on my 3DS prohibition.  No way baby, I hope it was worth the extra time this morning.  He kept telling the cars ahead of us, "Thank you for giving me extra time!"