Saturday, April 28, 2012

Stop the World........... I Wanna Get On!!

Unbridled joy!  Spinning because it feels good!  Laughing spontaneously because something that happened yesterday just tickled you again!  Dance walking, yes dance walking , Dance Walking video!!.  This is the world that I want to join.  Wouldn't it be wonderful not to be burdened with all of the mundane stuff that weighs us down on this planet called Earth?  Well that is the world that our children with Autism have.  Unfortunately a lot of what they do "just because it feels good," isn't politically correct or socially accepted.

  • Don't spin, people are looking at you. (Ah... what's your point?)
  • Stop laughing at nothing (I'm not laughing at nothing, I am laughing at the funny dog I saw yesterday wearing the silly hat)
  • Walk quietly in line, keeping your feet pointing forwards and your hands at your sides (It is a lot more fun to add a spin or two to make going from point A to point B more enjoyable)
So today, as I embark on a very busy weekend getting my elder child ready for the PROM -- so not sure how she got old enough to go to a PROM, but she is -- I choose to find my bliss in spinning, laughing spontaneously and dance walking (well, watching James dance walk as simple walking is tricky for me).  I leave you today with not a picture of my little man but of my young lady as a little girl.  Finding her bliss with T-I-doubleGUH!-ER... He is the King of Unbridled Joy!  So I guess she would be his queen or at least princess!


No comments:

Post a Comment