Friday, April 27, 2012

When You Can't Laugh... Just Love

(here is my disclaimer... I am horrible at the type of writing that I am doing today so I hope you will bear with me on this one because it must be said)
I have tried all day to come up with some wonderful topic to write about to bring joy to all of my blog readers. It is now 7:29PM and I am completely at a loss!  The horrible teacher bullying incidence in NJ, Please take a moment and support our kids has really put a damper on my perspective.  How could people in a special education environment be so careless with the fragile souls that are entrusted to them for the bulk of their awake hours?  Listening to the horrible things that were said in the classroom while the kids were supposed to be getting specialized education to reach their fullest potential, I cried.  Not just cried but mourned for the loss of a system that I have worked tirelessly to maintain the integrity of.

I hope that tomorrow brings back my happiness and joy, (my daughter is going to the PROM so it will be an exciting day) and I will be able to return to finding my bliss.  Tonight, I choose to eat all of the chocolate in the house, take a shower to wash off all of the ugliness in the world, kiss my children and husband goodnight, and snuggle with whatever one of my four furry purries decides to sleep on my pillow.  I hope that tomorrow I will switch on Facebook and see some happy news about my beloved Autism world.  Peace to all and good night!




3 comments:

  1. I had the exact same reaction... I could see the pain in the dad's eyes in that video. Listening to the pain as well in the voice of his little boy was almost too much to take!! It made me so sad and sick to think this actually happened. I cried too!! But it did happen and I hope good comes from it somehow. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...btw, chocolate works for me too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rhonda,

    It is so terrible that things like this happen. For some situations there isn't enough chocolate in the world to fix it. Where is Willy Wonka when you need him?

    ReplyDelete