Saturday, February 2, 2013

Good Morning Karma!

Good Morning 6:15 on a Saturday!  Can't say I was ready to get up but there was James at the foot of my bed, in the kitchen, ready for the day.  He was perky and bubbly.  Me, not so much.  And then the whirlwind started.  Lights went on, cats got picked up and dumped on me, spiders got thrashed in an epic battle. I begged for it to stop on the spiders' behalf but James was relentless.  Screaming that it was going to poison him and it was evil.  We do have black widows who live very happily in our garage but this was apparently a 7-legged daddy long legs.  At this point, I don't really know; all I know is it is dead on my kitchen floor.  Then all of the Pokemon cards got dumped out on the kitchen table and the search began to find the one card we haven't been able to find for months.  This was all before 6:30 so I decided to include my husband in my morning.  I called up to him and he reluctantly answered mumbling something about never being able to sleep in on the weekends.  I reminded him that he got to sleep until 8 AM last Saturday and 8:45 AM on Sunday.  Not really want he wanted to hear.
I took the opportunity to make a phone call to family on the East Coast, James, in usual fashion, interrupting me while on the phone.  I told him that I would talk to him later and I was on the phone.  I got back to my call and during the call my husband apparently tried to call me.  I ignored the beeping on my phone.  I finished my call and called my husband back. No he hadn't tried to call, must have been a mistake.  James on hearing that chimed in, "Wow, he tried to call you while you were talking?  That isn't polite!"
James decided around 7:15 that he was too cold, I hadn't turned on the heat yet, so he ran upstairs to crawl back into bed.  All of a sudden... "mom? Mom? MOm? MOM? MOM? MOM? Dad is in my bed!"  My ignoring HIS call wasn't working.  My husband came downstairs with his arms filled of dirty clothes and the sheets from James's bed. Booya baby!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment