Friday, July 27, 2012

Just Makin' Lemonade Today!!

It is summer, so, lemonade is a favorite drink for many.  That is not the lemonade I am making today.  I am making "Life Lemonade".  You know, the "when life gives you lemons... make lemonade" thing.  Today, two things that could have been super horrible actually turned out terrific!!
First, Jamesie woke up to go pee around 3:30AM (not unusual).  He went all the way downstairs to use the bathroom there, even though he has one directly across from his bedroom (also not unusual). He turned on lights that woke my husband up around 4:14AM to find James awake and watching TV.  I woke up at this point because I heard the trash trucks.  "Hey, did you put out the trash?" "UGGG, NO!" Grumble grumble, fight clothes on, stamp downstairs, turn the alarm off, go outside to put the trash out.  See, Lemonade!!
Second, I had cataract surgery yesterday on my right eye. My cataracts are because of long term steroid use for a condition still of unknown origin.   All I know is, the steroid is the only thing that has kept me out of my wheelchair!  Anyway, cataract surgery yesterday.  Went back for the post op appointment today and the doctor was amazed at the progress from just one day with the new lens!  This is likely because I am so young to have cataract surgery.  Most people who have it are senior citizens or children with congenital eye troubles.  Without my glasses, that eye is now seeing 20/30 which is dramatically better than before, and it is super clear!  See, Lemonade!!!
So today I choose to find my bliss knowing that my vision is much better and the trash went out to the street and was picked up.  Have a great Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment