Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Lovin' Maps!!! Please Tell Us About Your State!

James ADORES maps!  Maps of anything, from any time in history, he just loves them.  On a recent trip to Costco he found a rug that is a map of the United States.  He was thrilled until he also found an Angry Bird Green Pig large plush toy and then he was down right giddy!! Anyway, back to the maps.  This map rug is currently displayed in our living room as James' room isn't ready for it yet.  He loves looking at it and has started a new game.  He tosses one of his treasure rocks and whatever state it lands on is where we are going at that moment.
Looks like the rock want to find
out about Iowa!! It had originally
rested on Missouri so that is where
we are starting.
I have talked to him about many of the states as I have visited or driven through.  I have been to 49 all except Alaska.  I have friends in a lot of different states and now that I blog and am on Facebook, well, my friends in states has grown even more.  So guess where he is wanting to go on his first state exploration?  On his map, the state is light green, close to the middle of the country, between Iowa and Arkansas.  Last night he chose.............. Missouri!!  Okay blogging and Facebook friends, what can you tell us about your amazing state?  Where are your favorite places to visit?  What makes Missouri special to your family? My little man wants to know!!

2 comments:

  1. James, I live in the northern part of Illinois in a village called Holiday Hills. We have about 180 families in our village, and the rest of the land is not-buildable due to flooding problems. It's a wonderful little place with no street lights which make it incredibly easy to sleep. The street I live on dead-ends on one side into Griswold Lake and on the other side, a channel to the Fox River. My family loves living here because people leave each other alone but if you're in distress or need help; they're the first ones here. Not too many places like this exist.
    I have visited Missouri many times as a child with my parents. I love, love, the zoo, the St. Louis arch and you have to eat at one of the "Sweetie Pie's" restaurants! Visiting Merramac Caverns is also exciting and what about the areas from the Mark Twain books? You have chosen a wonderful place to start exploring! Wishing you and your family more fun than a barrel of monkeys!!! From one of your supporters ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sharing your story with us! Where you live sounds amazing!!! I am sure James would love the zoo and the Merramac Caverns.

      Delete