Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Sometime People are just RAELLY Horrible Spellers

get it and without spell check I would probably be considered a bad speller.  I may be better than some but worse than others.  James just got his report card, and it is peppered appropriately with 3's ( grade level) a few 4's (above grade level~in Math) and one 2 (below grade level in~SPELLING).   I have tried to get him modifications for Spelling but the day he was observed, the little stinker got 100% so no modifications were recommended.
I was reading some of my favorite blogs this morning and saw one from Homestyle Mama (with a side of Autism) >>click here<<.  She is fighting with a much bigger problem than the tiddly spelling problem I am having.  But is sparked the desire in me to think about this again.  Do I fight for James to get the modifications he seems to need to do as well with spelling at school as he is doing at home?  Do I just let this one go and rejoiced that he is still on the baby honor roll with a 2 in spelling?  I think this one needs to simmer a little more.  I will see how he does on his test this Friday and then make the decision to put back on the gloves or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment