Thursday, June 21, 2012

The Better to See You With

I have been on a long journey with my health and the only medication that has had any effect is a steroid.  Alas, after being on it for a year, the long term effects have moved in and they are making it more difficult for me to cope with being at the computer.  I am sensitive to light (have dimmed my monitor down as far as possible), have cataracts in both eyes (cloudy lens in both and a "bubble" cataract in the left eye), and muscle weakness in my upper body which makes me tire really quickly while typing.  Needless to say, I am not eager to give up my laughter blog... So my plan is to have my husband or daughter type as I ramble to get the posts out.  That said, most days I will be posting later in the evening when we are all home and awake.
Have a blessed and blissful day!!!
My glasses are way thicker than these!  

2 comments:

  1. Sarah -

    Have you tried Dragon Speak software? It takes a little training, but once you get the hang of it it can work quite well. You speak into a microphone and it translates what you say to written text. This would give you a little flexibility with not having to wait for a typist to come home. You can also enlarge the print on most computer screens if that helps.

    I enjoy your blogs and the updates on James's doings.
    John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John,

      I will look into your suggestions. It is sooooo frustrating because I am such an independent person and this has really limited me. Good thing James is mellowing out a little so I have more time to think instead of just react to his behavior.

      Delete