Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Hey Bud, Wanna Try That in English PLEASE?


"MOM, there is something wrong with something!"  Not exactly the statement you want to hear as your child comes out of your bedroom, where he has been for the last 30 minutes with the door closed.  What could he mean?  What did he do?  Are all of the cats accounted for?  Again, "Mom, there is something wrong!" "Mom, Lillipup is at 41 power and according to the book he should have evolved twice but he hasn't."  Exhale, all is right in MY world!
Lillipup
Thank goodness my daughter was available to check how to evolve Lillipup on her smartphone!  James looked over her shoulder to make sure she was doing it correctly, and then came over and whispered in my ear, "I put him someplace safe during battle." His sister, hearing this, queried , "James, was Lillipup in Pokemon daycare?" (Oh heavens, there is daycare in the Pokemon world?  I have a lot to learn!)  "Yup, I was keeping him safe but took him out." "Well, Pokemon can't evolve in daycare so he needs to battle to raise one level to evolve."  Problem solved!
Herdier (after level 16)
New problem... my daughter will be going to college in 2 years and I will have to become fluent in Pokemon.  However, by that time, James may have evolved to a new obsession.  What is a busy mum to do?  My daughter just told me not to count on James evolving away from his obsession with Pokemon because her best friend has been playing it for 12 years!  Why can't he be obsessed with something I am interested in,  like writing?
Stoutland (after level 32)

                   

2 comments:

  1. A student showed me a neat Pokemon thing today using a Nintendo 3DS and an iPod Touch. He pulled up a Pokedex on the iPod that had plain black and white diagrams that didn't look like much. He then used the camera on the 3DS while playing the Pokemon game and the diagram became a sort of platform for the Pokemon. it was pretty trippy watching the two gadgets interacting in this way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it is fun to see the kids discover these things. The DS system can be played with two players and they can steal characters off of each others games.

    ReplyDelete