Monday, June 11, 2012

Tennis Camp!!



James has been looking forward to tennis camp all weekend!  Anxiety and excitement make an amazing mixture of emotions that often end in utter disappointment.  Got him dressed in a flash and was even able to get sunscreen on him without issue (this is HUGE!!).  So excited!!!!!!
We finally made it to the gym and got him signed in.  Sooooo excited!!!!! Played a pacman type game to learn the dimensions of the court.  SOOOOOOOO excited (video games, even ancient ones, are fun!!!!) Finally got to pick up the racket and get a ball SOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited!!!!!!!! Practiced getting the ball to stay on the racket in a circle. Kind of excited. Practiced bouncing the ball and dribbling it with the racket.  Back to excited!!! Told to use the other hand ~ Nope!! I am a lefty and I am going to stay a lefty!!
"MOOOOOOM!!!! When do we get to play?" "Don't know bud, now you are learning about the game and the rules." (See the cool referee shirt I found for him?  He is all about rules!  He asked me what would happen if they thought he was a robber?  Too many trips on the bay to see Alcatraz for that little man I guess.  I told him that they wouldn't, but I hope he steals the coaches heart!)
"MOOOOOOM, I wanna go home!"  "Can't bud, camp isn't over.  I'll be back at 12:00 and have FUN!!"

Back home to throw supper together for the crockpot because it is going to be super hot today.  Butter beef!!!! Gonna be a loooooooong 8 hours!! Kiefer, you gotta wait little man!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment