Monday, June 4, 2012

James' Bed Seems to be BROKEN!! Or Maybe it is Just on VACATION!!

Okay, maybe it is coincidental or maybe the bed just has some kind of psychic powers.    I don't know, but after amazing nights of restful sleep with the new gel memory foam mattress topper and lycra sheets click here for sleep blog, James didn't sleep through the night last night!
Today is officially the first day of summer vacation and I guess the bed was celebrating.  Anyway, I woke up around 3:45AM and saw a light on downstairs. I nudged my husband to go and check it out.  He found that yes, there was a light on and James had his door closed and the TV was on.  He brought James to me so he could sleep on daddy's side of the bed (something that usually works).  James settled for a minute or so petting one of the furry purries.  After about 4 minutes, he got up, told me that he was never gonna sleep again because when he watches TV on his bed it is fun and he gets to rest at the same time.  He then collected Rodger and his Pokemon book and started out of the room.  He came back 2 seconds later and said he forgot one more thing and he gave me a kiss. (AWWW sweet little man!)
Well it was not long before I fell back asleep.  I woke up for real at 6:15AM and got up for the day.  I went down the hall to check on him and his door was still closed, the light and TV were on, and there he was .... defying NEVER!!
This was taken at 6:20AM on the first day of vacation 
Hope everyone has a great day!  I know mine will be filled with unstructured glee from the little guy.  Not sure how that is going to go but we will certainly see.


7:20 AM update

I hear a little voice down the hall requesting for help so I need to go and check it out.....................  Apparently the broken bed now won't let him get up!  I guess it is gonna be one of those days!!

***Evening update***
I talked to James before he went to bed tonight around 9 and told him that if he got up and had another frat party in the middle of the night, there would be no computer tomorrow.  He looked at me and said, "I'm having a stress here!  I am freakishly enjoying watching TV while I sleep!"  That said he went to bed and he slept all through the night 9PM-6:30AM!  Phew, dodged a bullet on that one! A vacation day without computer would only punish me!

No comments:

Post a Comment