Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Why is Bedtime at the End of the Day When Everyone is TIRED???


Ah, the peace of the evening when the sun is finally going down and the heat of the day is almost over!  Should  be my favorite time but alas........... It is super loud in my house!!!!
"DAD........Are you trying to kill me!"(getting James into the bathtub)
"NOT my eyes, ears, hair,..." (trying to wash his hair)
"NOOOOOOO, I don't want to get out! (trying to get him out of the tub)
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHH not my hair!" (trying to dry his hair)
"MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM... I peed already today after breakfast.  Dad said I have to go again.  Tell him mom, I don't need to go!" (trying to get him to pee before going to bed)

On and on this goes, every night!  Can't it just be simple one night?  Is that really too much to ask?  I know that between 7:30-8:30 my husband is exhausted because he gets up at 4AM to commute to work.  I get it.  I know that James has had new experiences and is decompressing from his sensory overload.  I get it.  All I am asking for is one night of polite bedtime manners.

"Father, thank you for preparing such a lovely bath experience.  I so look forward to getting in and washing off the stress of the day independently."
"Daddy dear, you are massaging my hair so wonderfully tonight, it is putting me into my zen spot and I thank you for that."
"The bath was so delightful, but now it is time for me to get out and dry myself, especially my curly locks, so you will not have to do it, most beloved parental figure."
"I believe I will go to the potty and make sure that I am preparing myself for the best possible restful experience when I get into my incredibly comfortable bed. Thank you for having three potties that I can readily choose from for my elimination needs."

mom can dream can't she?  He is so peaceful when he sleeps!!
Ah, the bliss of a sleeping 2 year old!!  (This was 6+ years ago!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment