Thursday, June 14, 2012

Females Bite and Males Just Relax

It is usually at the end of the day, when James has talked through every other topics, that we get some of our best conversational gems.  During the day we have all learned about Pokemon, battling techniques, baseball, football, Mario.......... until we believe our brains will explode from information.  It is worse in the summer when school isn't part of the routine and James has a lot more "free time"  I have made a pact  with myself this summer to spend 20-30 minutes a day with him working on school skills so that when August 13th comes, he will be ready to sit and learn in the third grade.  By the way, August 13th is 60 days from today!  Me counting down until he goes back to school? NEVER...
Last night as he was getting out of the bath, I happened to catch such a wonderful quip.  To be honest, I got it totally wrong, but my husband corrected me.  I thought I heard, "Females make milk and males don't make milk they just relax." Okay, that is how it worked in our house the first year after both of our kids were born.  If daddy was home, I was in charge of input and he was in charge of output.  However, James was talking about mosquitoes and was stating the facts about which ones bite.  "Females are the ones that bite and they males don't bite they just relax."
So today, I choose to find my bliss knowing that I am "allowed" to bite if it feeds my children.  Well not literally bite and feed, but figuratively.  I will leave the relaxing up to my husband as he "relaxes" on the two hour commute in the blistering heat on his way home from work this afternoon.  Hope your day is female mosquito free and relaxing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment