Monday, September 24, 2012

Our Budding Writer ~ FINALLY!!

Those of you who know the story behind how my husband and I named our children, just bare with me. For those of you who don't, here it is.  Our daughter Charlotte, was named for my favorite author, Charlotte Bronte.  I am very lucky to have a family name that is very near the last name of the lead character in my favorite book by her, Jane Eyre.  So Charlotte is Charlotte Ayres (to be perfectly honest, if I had my complete way with naming her she would have been Jane Ayres.  Didn't get that but we are super happy with Charlotte)... My husband got to name our son for his favorite author, Jane Austen soooooooo... James Austen.  Got it?  Good.  Now what does that have to do with today's blog?  Just a little back story so that you understand that our children really have no choice than to become writers not just mediocre writers, but iconic writers.  Charlotte started at a very early age (5) with her first book called The Flower Who Wrapped a Present.   She has since become a very accomplished young writer and hopes to make a living at it (I have tried to tell her that having a backup plan may be a good idea!)
Today, I got a wonderful email from James' teacher telling me that James wanted to write a story today and needed to be redirected back to the work he was supposed to do but if he finished the work he could write.  James came home with a horribly crumpled paper (which we found out later needed to happen so he could fit the page in his pocket) with the following story. He says it isn't finished yet but we enjoyed hearing it at supper!

The story of the Knight named James
              Chapter 1
Once upon a time a knight in gold walked up to the King. The King said "James I want you to go to the cave of the dragon." "I will do my best" said James. "And you will" said the King "you will win and take the sword of fire" said the King. So the Knight sent of the cave he found it and fighted the dragon he striked and got : the sword of fire.
          Chapter 2
James the Knight found Kevin the archer
Agan James walked in the forest and founed his friend Kevin they sent Of Jacob G. the house man they found Jacob G. and was going to see King Trenton but they had to fight a evil Knight They won and resqud the King.
          The End


James then wanted to cast us for the roles to do the movie over the weekend.  He is very strict and his casting following gender roles to the T.  Charlotte declared that she wanted to be the King.  James looked at her and stated that she couldn't be the king because she needed to follow the rules!  It all makes sense to him but she likes to shake things up a little.  To bad the queen doesn't come in until the 16th chapter!  I guess I will be silent this weekend! 


No comments:

Post a Comment