Thursday, September 13, 2012

Rowley Math! AGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

Timed anything for James is torture!  Timed math, never a good thing.  James hates doing this part of his homework.  We have tried me writing and him telling me what to write, we have tried not timing it, we have tried just about everything.  Today, was EPIC!!!! James was beside himself because I crossed out the top line on the page which has the answers.  Little man when ballistic!!!!
"MY TEACHER TOLD ME I WAS SUPPOSED TO PRACTICE ONLY!"
"James, you know all of the X3 facts, so I crossed out the answers."
"MOM, YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE MY MOM ANYMORE BECAUSE YOU ARE MAKING ME DO SOMETHING MY TEACHER WON'T ALLOW!"
"Sorry buddy, today is our timed practice test.  Do you want the timer or the stop watch?"
"I AM LEAVING HERE FOREVER AND NEVER GOING TO DO MY MATH BECAUSE YOU ARE WRONG!!"
This went on for what seemed like an eternity!  Eventually, he said, "I will do it if you race me with the final division test." "Okay, lets go..." I finished my test slightly before he did but I pretended to still write until he finished his at 4 minutes 31 seconds!  SUCCESS!!
Don't really care if some numbers are hard to read because he did it and he was
wearing his Mario glove while doing it!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment