Friday, September 21, 2012

Rare Moment.........AWWWWWW Moment

Okay, it goes without saying, I LOVE my kids!  I don't always love how they act towards each other but siblings will be siblings.  James can be full of surprises and today was a wonderful one.  It is Charlotte's 16th birthday today and this is what he gave her:
It is a sibling coupon (that is what he calls it, a coupon) He was so sweet to give it to her and I made sure she thanked him even though I knew she was trying to figure out what "things" he meant.  Are the things her indoor skydiving she got for her birthday, her pre-cal homework, emptying the dishwasher?  What does he mean was her questioning glare my way when she got it.  I told her to accept it for what it is.  He is giving her something that on the face of it is amazingly sweet.  AWWWW, he really loves her and for the first time he gave of himself this year!


So today, my baby turns 16 and I am not sure how it happened! How did this gorgeous baby grow into this amazingly brilliant and beautiful young lady?  How could I be chosen to have such an awesome kid?  She is a true scholar and to this point (to my knowledge) hasn't tripped into the familiar teen territory of being a rebel.  Charlotte gave me the title of Mom and it has and will always be my favorite name of all time!

Today, I celebrate both of my kids and the amazing relationship they share.  My husband and I are truly blessed!!!!!!!

2 comments: