Monday, September 10, 2012

TOOOOOOO Funny! Papa, I need money!!!

James class is doing a reading fundraiser to raise money for field trips and the like.  He was so excited when I told him we could call his Papa (paternal grandfather) after he finished his homework.  I heard my father-in-law answer the phone and the first thing James said was, "Papa, give me money!"  He then went on to explain about the program in his Jameslish.  It was very cute and when I got the phone, I filled in the pertinent details.  James hasn't quite mastered telephone etiquette but he certainly loves to talk on the phone and that is half the battle!

2 comments:

  1. Phone etiquette is a funny thing to teach. I worked with a kid once who would answer the phone but wouldn't say anything... when we told him that wasn't ok he started answering with a "yeah" instead of "hello". I am glad to report he has improved but he HATES talking on the phone so it was a long road!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The telephone is really tough. James loves to talk on it and wants phone numbers from everyone he meets!

      Delete