Monday, August 6, 2012

A Lot of Learning has to Happen in the Next Week!

There has been a lot about school starting on most of my frequented blogs.  For us, here in our little corner of Cali, school starts on August 13th!  That is very soon (8 days if you include today but it is almost supper so the day is essentially gone)!  I have spent the summer preparing James for the school year ahead - teaching him how to work independently and without fighting every step of the way.  One thing I haven't been able to get him comfortable with is dressing for the day before the day is over.  He has become very comfy in his vacation uniform.
                   
August 13th, at 6:20AM, is gonna hit the little man like a brick!  Anyone out there dress their kids in their day clothes the night before?

2 comments:

  1. WOO-HOO! It let me comment. ok, so, yeah! I've heard of a lot of parents doing that, actually. The only thing I'd worry about is comfort and wrinkles. Jeans don't let you sleep well. I'd choose comfortable clothes that don't wrinkle easily or show wrinkles as bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jamesie doesn't wear jeans because he doesn't have the hand strength to do the buttons or snaps. During the weekends he is an undie and Tshirt kind of kid. During the week he wears silky shorts with wide elastic waistbands.

      Delete