Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Are You Smarter Than a Third Grader?

Homework.  In the third grade this year, homework started on the first day.  No easing in.  No lets see how things go.  No break for the exhausted parents from the long summer.  Homework...
Not only homework, but homework done exactly the same way, with the same words the teacher said at school when the homework was being assigned.  I can't just look at the assignment and make an assumption of how to do it.  NOOOOOOO, I need to channel the teacher in mannerisms and abilities to get James to even contemplate completing the assignments.  James told me today when I tried to help him that I know nothing about the third grade.  You think I was counting down the days until summer was over and James would go back to school?  Now I am counting down until I can just be mom and not the homework troll. BTW... that would be 177 days until summer vacation not counting weekends, holidays and vacations!
Oh, and as a side note, James inadvertently forgot (RIGHT!!) to bring home his folder with the Rowley math to be done as part of homework tonight.  His response was, "Well, I guess I don't have to do it then." Good thing we are going to open house tonight and we can get the folder.  Guess what the little man is doing after open house.  Could be a looooooong night.
Summer is over little man and it is time to face the music!!
 

2 comments: