Friday, August 3, 2012

Not for the Squeamish!! We're Talking About Poop!!

Anyone who lives in the ASD world is very used to poop conversations.  We talk about it a lot because so many of our kids have issues with it.  We are very lucky in our house that James is regular and has very little difficulty with tummy and poop related problems.  Except for one.  Being a very sensory kid, the whole cleaning issue comes up very frequently.  At 8 and 1/2 he is fully capable of cleaning himself independently.  He has done it before he just doesn't like to because it is gross.  I guess he doesn't remember the amazing diapers his dad and I changed the first 4 years of his life!  Not high on my list either but it is a necessary skill for independent toileting.
Tonight, as I was making supper, I heard James scream from the hall bathroom upstairs for me to call his daddy.  I knew why, daddy is the official potty guy.  I told him that daddy was two hours away and I was making supper.  I walked him through it again.  I got wipe updates yelled down to me, "still some poop" "not as much but still some."  All the way until, "I am finally done!" "Good job buddy!  Please flush and wash your hands." "What do I do about the poop that is on the floor?" "Just leave it and I will clean it up later." "Don't forget to dry your hands after you wash them." "Can't, because I used the towel on the pee that got on the floor!"
need to paint a bulls eye inside all of my toilets because that little man still can't aim!   Just another day in my crazy house.  Daddy is home all next week and I have already told him that he isn't leaving the house at all next week without James.  What a looooooong summer it has been!  9 more days and then school begins again!!
Good thing this kid is loved as much as he is!! Boy do I love this picture!!


No comments:

Post a Comment