Monday, August 27, 2012

Who is This Kid Anyway??

James often surprises me.  He does something or says something that I would never have expected.  This evening was one of those moments.  We were sitting downstairs and he was busy petting the cat. Without looking at me he said, "Mom, I have two things to discuss with you.  First, you disappeared and I had to run after you.  And second, I was cold." May sound cryptic unless you have the back story.
This morning, I pulled up to James school as usual and he got out.  Before shutting the door and heading to class, he said bye.  I pulled out of the driveway but for some reason pulled to the side of the road to quickly email his teacher.  I was about to pull away and I looked towards the school and there was James, at the curb.  I quickly got over to him and he was requesting a sweater because it was a little cool.  I told him that I didn't have a sweater and it would be very warm today.  He seemed okay with the conversation because he headed back to class and had a good day.  I guess I need to find a sweater for him for tomorrow.  Hard to imagine the need for one when it is going to be 90 degrees!
Wearing one of his sisters sweaters many
years ago.  OMG those curls!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment