Friday, May 25, 2012

25 Words and I am Renewed!!!


Wasn't sure what I was going to do today because it is the one year anniversary of the worst day of my life so I was really feeling horrible.  My family is scattered in schools and work and here I am alone again at the computer trying to find my bliss.  I got on Facebook to get up to date on my three pages and got a wonderful surprise on my The Invisible Village page.  There was a message waiting for me from The Golden Hat Foundation.  For those of you who don't know about The Golden Hat Foundation it "is a non-profit organization dedicated to eliminating barriers for people with autism around the world."   www.GoldenHatFoundation.org or on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/GoldenHatFoundation 
 'The Golden Hat: Talking Back To Autism' Book - Click to Enlarge  Kate Winslet, (actress) is the primary public face for this project.  She is featured on the cover of the book which she authored with two autism authorities (a mum and her nonverbal son with a lot to say about his autism.) The book was inspired by a poem that Keli (the young boy) wrote about a boy who couldn't talk but his golden hat could and one day the hat became lost.  
Some days I find my bliss in the funny side of Autism and others like today I find my bliss in knowing that in some small way I am heard and acknowledged.  This morning, the 25 word message from The Golden Hat Foundation gave me hope that my passion is appreciated.  I don't have the backing for a large foundation and I don't have thousands of people who are involved in my personal cause to show the world how wonderful my Autism world is, but I do have a very special message saying that 19 hours ago, I was heard as a writer and Autism mum.  The message had a picture of Kate Winslet as the profile picture and I don't know if she wrote the comment or not but today I was heard and James' world was valued.  
So today, take time to find what makes your child wonderfully unique and celebrate it! I leave you with James' attempt at stand up comedy (I challenge you to try not to laugh) click here (he had just put Kiefer down and was terribly worried about the fur on his fingers but held it together to get this wonderful clip)









No comments:

Post a Comment