Tuesday, May 1, 2012

TREE FROG Car Game Wanna Play?

A lot to do tomorrow so I am posting early!!


(DO NOT PLAY THE VIDEO IF YOUR CHILD IS TAKING A NAP OR HAS DIFFICULTY WITH LOUD NOISES.  THIS BLOG IS MEANT TO BE EXPERIENCED AT THE LOUDEST VOLUME YOU CAN HANDLE!!!)

Sometimes I don’t understand what makes James tick… I don’t get this car game and after experiencing it more than once I am not sure I ever will.  This game was taught to James by his favorite friend.   The game is apparently called TREE FROG.  The mission in TREE FROG is to stay ahead of the traffic and scream the most blood curdling scream you can if they gain on you (press the scream button above).  You scream as long as the light is red if you have to stop at a red light ( press the scream button above ), and heaven forbid the TREE FROGS pass you scream until you almost pass out ( press the scream button above ).  Those are the basic rules ~ got it? ~ here we go  

We were driving home from school quietly listening to music and all of a sudden TREE FROG! ( press the scream button above ) GOGOGOGOGOGOGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What is happening James?
TREE FROG AND THEY ARE GAINING ON US GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
James I can’t go any faster because of the cars in front of us and I am coming up on a red light ( press the scream button above )
Our ears ringing and my daughter and I are in such pain that we are laughing because of the pain………. James stop screaming please

YEAHBUT MOM IT'S A TREE FROG AND THIS ONE IS A BUS ( press the scream button)  Can’t talk anymore, through the painful laughter….. only 2 more miles until we get home. NOOOOOOO, not another red light ( press the scream button )
MOOOOOOOOOOM!!! GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO NOT A BLUE TREE FROG THEY ARE REALLY BIG 
(press the scream button)
James tree frogs are really tiny.
Not the driving ones mom TREEEEEEEE FROGGGGG ( press the scream button ) GOGOGOGOGO (my daughter has a nervous breakdown at this point and joins in ( press the scream button )
Only one more set of lights and we are almost there and it is gree- ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!! Not a red ( press the scream button above ) light!
We finally made it home my ears ringing and the kids both laughing hysterically. 

I ask you, whatever happened to Highway Alphabet, Counting Cows and 20 Questions?  Those games are classics and no one ended up with a ruptured ear drum.  Can’t wait for the four hour drive on Saturday!!  Wish me luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



7 comments:

  1. I'm not sure what's worse - this game or the classic Punch Buggy. Ouch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!! this really made me laugh!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Yeah! I forgot about "Punch Buggy". Good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rhonda, I am so glad this one made you laugh! My daughter and I were in so much pain that we couldn't figure out how not to laugh either, so she joined in the game and I focused on not driving into a tree! I'm telling you, this kid is the best therapy I have ever had!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL I just asked James if he wanted to hear the video again from Tree Frog and he smiled and said "YES". I played it and he put his hands over his ears and said, "never play that again because it almost popped my ears out!" My point exactly pal!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol, he is too cute and too much!!!! I find it funny how they can be loud, but if we're loud it hurts (or if u play back their loudness, lol) my son will screech a deafening screech, and when I try to mock it (no one in this house can get as high pitched as he can) then he covers his ears and yells at me for being loud, lol. SPD puzzles me more than autism sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yup that is just the way James rocks and rolls!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete