Tuesday, May 15, 2012

History in 30 Words or Less! Brilliant!!!!


My husband loves history.  He can happily ramble on for hours about the Peloponnesian War or the Byzantine Empire.  He finds comfort in the knowledge that he knows more about history than 99% of the population.  
James' sister also adores history.  She is passionate about justice and currently her history class is discussing the different historical acts of genocide.  She is appalled that in Rwanda  the genocide wasn't classified during the course of its reign of terror until about 10 days before the massacre stopped.  Certainly nothing funny about that history!  
My favorite history lessons are taught to me by my son.  He just had another installment the other night during supper.  
"Once upon a time, our first president, George Washington, fought the kingdom and brought our country together. Then he went into a movie theater and got shooted."
Awesome!! Over 100 years of pertinent early American political history in 27 words!  Now that is history that I can understand and appreciate in my busy life.  No offence to the historians out there, but James' history account made me laugh while the actual history, not so much!!  


Look, he got a preschool degree  so he must
 be an authority on history, well at least  play dough,
 building with blocks, and painting!  Now that is historic!!

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE that pic of James. He is too cute!!!!! Also love his history lesson, short, sweet and to his point, lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, this was his spring school picture from preschool. It is one of my all time favorites! Yeah, I got into this history lesson also! It didn't make me cry like my daughters history discussions or make my eyes glaze over like my husbands'.

      Delete