Saturday, May 26, 2012

What is "Smolder?" UHHHHHH...


Kids are often a mystery.  James is no exception.  When it comes to preferred entertainment, my little man is all "not what you will expect!" He adores chic flic classics like Sense and SensibilityPride and Prejudice and My Big Fat Greek Wedding.  The first 2 I get because he got his name from Jane Austen (James Austen).  In the Greek one, he thinks that the dad is hysterical  (I guess Windex tickles him)!  James adores musicals such as State Fair, Singing in the Rain, Meet me in St. Louis, Hello Dolly, and RENT (go ahead and judge if you must, BUT James can do a dead on Roger and sing all of his songs, minus some choice words).  When it comes to the traditional kid movies, he likes the basic boy ones: CARS, Lion King, Speed Racer, and the like, but, when push comes to shove, there are two that are his definite GO TO movies: Enchanted and Tangled.   I have listened to them a gazillion times in the car, and he knows them word for word.  Yesterday, while watching Tangled, he got so sad and I asked why.  He stated, "I am sad for him because she broke his smolder!"

So what exactly is smolder?  Not really sure I want to know, but James knew and that is why he was so sad.  According to James, "A Smolder" is a persons lips, and when they get broken you can't give your mommy a kiss anymore.  Sweet man I have!  So worried about my feelings!  I am a little worried that James will decide to adopt the smolder routine when he wants to kiss a girl that isn't me and his smolder will get broken.  I guess I will have to show him how this translates to the real world as opposed to the animated world to see if it makes a difference.


It's not pretty, James, and real, 3 dimensional girls don't fall for it, if they do... RUN!!  Stick to your amazing smile and you will be fine, but remember girls are often at war with themselves and it is usually a battle that you want nothing to do with
                                           .
So for now, stick to Pokemon, Mario, and your buddy Rodger. They are constant and can't break their lips!  Gosh, I dodged another tricky conversation today.  It was right up there with the dreaded "where do babies come from" that  my daughter asked when she was about 3.  I simply told her that babies come from the hospital and she seemed content with that answer.  I prefer to keep the smolder simmering on the back burner for a few more years, just long enough for me to build the tower to keep all the girls away who are after James for his amazing green eyes, curly hair, and infectious smile!

4 comments:

  1. He'll certainly have lots of girls after him as he gets older. I don't think he'll need the "smolder". But the smolder is better than the "scowl" (another popular facial expression used to get your own way). I bet he already has some version of both down pat. I know mine do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that this movie is his all time favorite! There are a lot of interesting lessons he can learn from it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen it yet, I think I may have to now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore this movie and haven't grown tired of it yet! Check it out and let us know!!

      Delete