Wednesday, May 9, 2012

5 Minutes of Remembrance of Lives Lost... 5 Minutes

Out of deep respect for families who are dealing with the loss of a cherished loved one, I am stepping away from humor today.  One of the Autism sites I frequent is My Autism Team.  A few weeks ago a family lost their 16 year old daughter in a tragic teen driving accident. It took a while for me to get the news but today I mourn. I mourn for the life lost, the family left to carry on, and the friends who will have to grow old without one they loved.  I mourn for all families who, like this family, are left with heartbreak and pain instead of high school proms, graduations and college joys.  Today I mourn.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this gesture of kindness. Alex would have been touched by this. She was exceptionally funny and would love to read some of the hilarious happenings on your blog. Continue to share the funny side of our lives since humor and God are two things we can always depend on to make our lives better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My heart breaks for your family as you are continuing your journey without your precious young lady. I am glad that your daughter was funny and I hope that in time, the memories of her humor will be a comfort for your family. Peace

      Delete